Tuesday, September 8, 2009

19 Days to Go!

We have only 19 days till our due date! We had a doctor's appointment today. He checked to see if I was starting to dilate and unfortunately, I wasn't. I don't feel like she is going to come early or at least not by much, so I wasn't surprised. He did an ultrasound to check her measurements and weight.

The first time he measured, she was showing just shy of 6 lbs. This was a little alarming because at our 35 week visit she was showing 6 lbs. 3 oz. Our doctor remeasured and she was showing 6 lbs. 1 oz. Again, we were a little alarmed and I must say, I was a little scared. He asked to put me on the fetal heart rate monitor to make sure everything was OK. After about 30 minutes, he came in and verified that everything seemed to be fine.

He jokingly said that the person doing the previous ultrasound must not have known what they were doing (he of course was that person.) I asked if she could have actually lost weight and he responded that it wasn't likely. He figures that either there is a discrepancy in the machines (he used two different machines at 35 weeks and then at this appointment) or the measurements were wrong last time. He felt good about the measurements and weight this week. I am so thankful to have him as my doctor as he always knows exactly how to put me at ease.

Good news is she will probably be a little smaller than we predicted, yet there is a possibility for the machine to be reading a pound or so off. She still had a Hennesy head and her daddy and I are more ready than ever to see and hold her. We go back next week and will be checked again for dilation. We are being patient and know that this is now up to God and Holley Ryan when the time is right. We hope that she's here in about 19 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment