Thursday, February 12, 2009

Everything is Progressing

My doctor's visit yesterday went very well. While Baby Hennesy is not much more than a blob at this time, we could see and hear a strong heart beat. It was flashing like a light and beating fast. I was pretty amazed by the fact that even this early in the pregnancy there is already a heartbeat! The doctor measured the baby and said he didn't feel comfortable giving me a firm due date, but at this time it would be October 2. October 2 is my dad's birthday so of course he was so excited! He said he had been praying that the baby would be born on his birthday. My sister was born on our grandfather's birthday so it would be really cool to have our child born on my dad's birthday. I have still been nauseated and nights seem to be much worse. Food doesn't sound good, but for the most part everything still taste ok. I am just thankful that everything seems to be moving right along normally. We'll know more after next visit on March 3.

P.S.- They made a note on our chart that we didn't want to know the sex. I am looking forward to being able to guess and then finally be surprised!

1 comment:

  1. Lori,

    I'm happy that you got to see the heartbeat. It's an amazing feeling. Just wait until you feel the little one move! I know it's not much fun right now being sick but once you get in the second trimester you'll forget all about it.

    ReplyDelete